You call me weak ? No! I’m not !
I withstood every pain you caused to me
I could bear a child in my ovary for ten,
Inside my heart till my last breath.

Your joy became my joy,
Your pain became my pain.
I found happiness in everything you do,
Do I really ? No!

I don’t tell you how much it hurts, but it does tear me in to pieces!
When I was born my mother called me a burden, but your birth was praised.
She knows the world doesn’t treat you and me the same.
You think you’re high and am low. No !

I had to marry the one who doesn’t know me, my likes, my hate, nothing!
He wants me whenever he needs pleasure,
I am not a thing to be used, reused and thrown away!
I had to carry his children, one, two , three, it goes on.
A boy ! Glory to God! No, not a girl again ! Why ?
Why is she a burden ?

I have my own dreams, but now my only dream is the dream of my family, my husband, my son!
I have my own way! “ my own way of making masala, it’s his favorite” I laugh, No!
This is not how I wanted to be !
No! I wanted to be someone else, someone more !
Reach the sky, high like Kalpana Chawla!
Reach the poor like Mother Teresa !
I’ve been doomed by pressures from every side!

No!You cannot stop me!
You cannot stop any girl or woman from what she wants to be !
I can be brave as Malala, fearless, daring !
I can be sweet, I can be sour , I can be whatever I want !
Leave me alone, don’t touch with your filthy mind!
You don’t have to support me ! You don’t have to respect me !
I am strong enough to break every chain!

Salute to every woman who broke the odds, every woman who is in the process!
Salute to every woman who is a pillar in your life, your mother, your wife , your daughter, your teacher!

Be who you are girl!
You are priceless, feel your worth ! Proud to be a woman !
HAPPY WOMEN’S DAY !

Comments